Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Walking the Dog


Tonight I didn't want to be around my husband. He gets in these moods that can depress children at Disney Land.

What a downer he is. I want to punch him, kick him, basically hurt him real bad because after a long day at work I should be able to come home and be happy.

The reason for his unhappiness is not what I choose to write about tonight. I'm tired of figuring out what makes him happy and what little thing I may (or someone else) may have done to justify his foul mood.

So tonight I took my dog for a walk. What a wonderful creature she is. Just happy to be with her mom. She gets on what I call her happy feet, where she practically prances down the block. I recommend this to all codies who are blessed to have a dog. Leave the house, go outside and just be happy~

5 comments:

Shadow said...

i totally agree with you, without my pups i'd probably more insane than i already am, heee heee heee

Lou said...

LR, I have discovered addicts/ alkies are selfish--even when no longer using. It's still complain, whine, moan, bitch, what about me?
You(& I) will put up with a lot of it, because we are so nice & enabling. But I totally understand that some days you want to just say "shut the f*** up".

Anonymous said...

My doggy always gives me unconditional love, but when we go for a walk? Now there is some real doggy gratitude! About the hubby thing, well, my husband is not an alcoholic, I am, I am also co-dependent.(that's not to say I don't think he some issues he could use some help with, but not for me to say) It has taken me a long time to let him be as miserable as he wants to be. I know I have done nothing wrong,and if I have then he should grow a pair and say what is on his mind! I love your blog!

Molls said...

LR, I hear thru the grapevine that you will delete posts occasionally. I wish you'd leave them up--I'd sure like to hear more from your side of life. In any case, I send you lots of electronic hugs and hope to hear more from you.
Molls

Wait. What? said...

You totall hit the nail on the head for me about my husband! Sometimes I get home and just want to be happy and he can be such a downer - its as if he wants to create conflict... I think I will be walking the dog more!

Cat