Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Shake ur Booty


Something got into me this morning. I usually put on the news on the way to work but this morning was different. I stopped at Dunkin Donuts for some coffee and a group of men actually flirted with me as I walked in.

Not to toot my own horn but when I was younger this used to happen all the time. I am tall (that hasn't changed) I was skinny (that unfortunately has changed) and I'm blonde.

Since my 40th birthday I've become almost invisible to men. Not that I mind this too much, their stupid comments I've learned to live without. However, I've been feeling down about myself lately. I had money saved up for my 45th birthday for a facelift, I'm a firm believer (literally) in the power of plastic surgery. However, the money is long gone (I am married to an addict) and the lines on my face aren't going anywhere.

So this morning I got a second glance from a group of stupid old men (I live in Florida) and it made my day. I got back in the car, turned on the stereo and danced (thank g-d for the tinted windows) to "shake your booty"~

5 comments:

Mary P Jones (MPJ) said...

Yep. 40 is about the age at which women become invisible, which I find kind of nice. At this point, I figure any man who gives me a second look is a bigger sex addict than my husband. ;)

Shadow said...

saaaweet! i feel the same, totally undecided whether i'm pissed off they don't notice anymore, or i try to blend in so as not to be noticed. go figure...

big Jenn said...

I can soooo identify. I'm not quite 50. I'm 6' and blond. I have to say I was still holding my own at 45. The last five years have taken their toll for sure! The pic on my blog is about 5 years old now. Since Annie died I've gone to hell in a handbasket! ha ha. Anyway, thank you for stopping, I'll put you on my blog roll. jeNN

Lou said...

I think when you have been married awhile you stop putting out sexy vibes. Not consciously, but you are not paying attention to the men around you & they can feel you're not available. If you made an effort to attact attention, you would I'm sure. Know what I'm sayin?

Wait. What? said...

ROFL Too CUTE!!!

Im OK with being me and being invisible - I mean I worked hard to be that all of my life - now its jsut less work!

ha!